Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Contrast

I finished my mom's Lemongrass this weekend. It's blocked, the lovely buttons are in place, and I got some great pictures



I'm beyond excited to give it to her... and I only have to wait until next Saturday to do it! The yarn was a dream to work with, and its going to be hard to give it away! I think I'll have to find a project for myself that uses Twist, especially now that I know my LYS carries it!

I'm still working away at my Boxy, although I don't have much new to show in terms of pictures. It's really great mindless knitting, and I do feel like I'm making progress on the miles of stockinette.

I'm planning to pull out my Jenica this week as well. It's been hibernating in favor of the other two sweaters, but I have it sitting next to my bed and the color is just calling to me, every single day.

The other thing I've been dying to do is get back to some sock knitting. I bought Knit.Sock.Love a while back, and cast on two socks, but then set them aside. I pulled out Clandestine the other day, couldn't figure out where I had left off, so I frogged it and started anew. I really like it. The pattern is a nice challenge, but very fun, and I'm sure these will be a go to pair of socks.



I do think they would have been better in a  solid color, as I think I lose some of the pattern with the color changes. The next two socks I have lined up will both be solids. I also have to say, after knitting with madelinetosh and malabrigo on my more recent projects, the KnitPicks yarn is a big change. Frankly, I'm all for affordable knitting, and I have other socks in this yarn that I wear constantly, so I know I will love these... but the contrast in terms of how it feels in my hands is pretty dramatic. Might be time for a luxury sock yarn purchase in my future! First I have to map out all the yarn in my stash to more patterns in the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment