Monday, October 28, 2013

Little one (part one)

Someone I love is expecting a baby! Its a secret, but I'm honestly not sure anyone reads this, so I figure the news is safe here. They don't know yet if this new addition is a boy or girl. I decided to knit up a sweater for Christmas. I wanted the colors to be neutral, but fun, and I found this yarn


It's Claudia Hand painted fingering in the colorway Purple Earth. I love it!

I'm knitting up Joji Locatelli's Garter stictch baby kimono. 


I love the simplicity of the pattern, even if it did come back to bite me. Somehow I got it into my head that I was supposed to knit 20 cm of garter stitch. I got to 20cm, pleased as can be, and realized that I was actually only supposed to knit 12 cm. SIGH. Good thing I love to knit ha ha haha. I've started the front decreases and should be done any time now, and this can go into my growing pile of hand made gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment