Saturday, March 9, 2013

Snow Day

There is a blizzard warning in Colorado today, so I'm spending my Saturday inside. It's a rare thing for me to have an entire Saturday to myself. My boys spend Saturdays with their dad, but usually those days are still filled with one sport or activity or another. My husband is away this weekend too, which leaves just me and the cats and all the yarn. Including these new lovelies which came this week

Tosh Lace in Moss, which I'm nearly decided will be a Breezy cardigan by Hannah Fettig. I knit this before and made some bad judgement calls (no decreases in the sleeves, what was I thinking?!?) that I'd like a do over on.


Last night the Tosh Mo Light I ordered from madelinetosh.com arrived. I'm pretty certain this is a new base,and its lovely. The color is Windowpane. I saw this colorway in Tosh Merino Light at Fancy Tiger Crafts about a month ago, and under the guise of "restraint" I didn't buy it. Instead I've been obsessing about it for weeks. When I saw this on the website I decided to just go for it. This is definitely a first foray into luxury yarn for me, but I don't know that there is any turning back! My plan for this yarn is an Austin Hoodie




My Opposite Pole is really proceeding nicely, I'm very happy with it.Slow going last night because I made a couple of mistakes on the cables, but I was brave and worked back just those sections to fix them. I've never tried that with cables before, though I've found myself doing it a lot on Eadon when I make a mistake because I'm not paying enough attention during ALL THAT RIBBING.

No comments:

Post a Comment