Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Welcome!

Hi and welcome! I'm Becky, and I've been thinking and planning and meaning to start this blog for a while. I'm a working mom of two and knitting is my passion. I've been knitting and crocheting for about 7 years, and this blog is part of my effort to take my knitting to the next level. I am really focused on learning new techniques, exploring new yarns, and my goal for 2013 is to design my first sweater. I'm looking forward to documenting that journey.

Right now I have way too many things on my needles, as usual. The project I'm working on the most is my Opposite Pole by Joji Locatelli. I'm really really enjoying this knit. I love the interesting construction. I'm knitting it in some Knit Picks Organic Cotton that I had bought for another project and decided didn't quite work. I was originally a little worried about knitting this in cotton, but the cables look great and the yarn is very crisp.

My HOPE is to be able to wear this when my husband and I go to the Nuggets game next Wednesday night, but I'm not sure how realistic that is! A Friday night at home and a snowy Saturday may really help!

I'm a huge fan of all things Joji, so next on my needles once this is finished is Jenica . I've got some absolutely gorgeous Madelinetosh Chunky (in Windowpane) ready and waiting for that one


Another project I'm working on as my "purse knitting" is Eadon . I want to wear this to a work event in April. Four days in air conditioned conference rooms means I need some cozy options, and I think this will make the perfect layer. I'm about 19 inches into the back and I am anxious to finish it and move onto the more interesting knitting of the fronts and sleeves. The miles of ribbing is great while watching the kids at their activities, but I'm ready for something more engaging for sure.


Also on my needles at the moment is the February Lady Sweater in Chromo Worsted from Knit Picks
 I like this one a lot, but with so many other fun things to knit it hasn't been at the top of my list lately.

I had also cast on a Stranger Cardigan. This is another one with really interesting construction. As my son heads into baseball season there is a lot of sitting and knitting time in my schedule, so I want to get the cabled panels finished so I can have it as my bring along knitting, for all that stockinette!


This week I ordered some Madelinetosh Tosh Lace in Moss, I'm trying to decide between Breezy and Current. I've knit both before. I feel like I made some bad judgement calls on my first Breezy, and may take advantage of the do over :) but my Current is one of my absolute favorite FOs, so we'll see!

I also ordered some Madelinetosh Tosh MoLight in Windowpane (I'm absolutely obsessed with the color) for an Austin Hoodie

My mom is turning 60, so I decided to knit her a Lemongrass. I have some Malabrigo Twist in Damask that I think is going to be perfect.

This one is going to be my trip knitting for my work trip in April. I knit myself one this winter and LOVED how fast it knits up. This is another FO that I wear at least once a week

I'm also considering some Madelinetosh Feather for a  Boxy. The color I like is Coquette. I think its gorgeous!

Well, that was a long winded first post! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment